[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13790: Media Uploader's "Insert into Post" button disappears when editor is removed from custom post type - requesting addition of filter to override this behavior

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jun 29 03:22:14 UTC 2010

#13790: Media Uploader's "Insert into Post" button disappears when editor is
removed from  custom post type - requesting addition of filter to override
this behavior
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  goto10       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Component:  General      |     Version:
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by tehfab1):

 Just voicing that this would be a wonderful thing you guys could do to add
 in this functionality.

 I've integrated the media uploader into a widget, and it is a bit of a
 bother that the button just up and disappears when I try to upload a new
 photo.

 Oddly enough I can find the "insert into post" button when I'm browsing
 previously uploaded media files. So its doable for now, but it'll be nicer
 when we could enable the button regardless of the situation we're in.

 I used this blog post to integrate the editor, so you can see a little of
 what me and others have been trying to accomplish: http://www.webmaster-
 source.com/2010/01/08/using-the-wordpress-uploader-in-your-plugin-or-
 theme/

 Anyways, just my two cents.

 God Bless,
 -Dan