[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13940: get_status_header_desc returns HTTP 1.1 status header messages but is used for HTTP 1.0 as well

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jun 17 10:55:33 UTC 2010

#13940: get_status_header_desc returns HTTP 1.1 status header messages but is used
for HTTP 1.0 as well
 Reporter:  hakre         |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  closed

Comment(by hakre):

 Replying to [comment:2 dd32]:
 > What set of HTTP 1.0 messages differ from those of the HTTP 1.1 set?

 I'm compiling a list, I stumbled over some constraints in #9297 that's why
 it takes a bit longer.

 ----

 Replying to [comment:3 markjaquith]:
 > The reason phrase is for humans, and as such it can be anything we want
 it to be. We could serve 404 OH NO and it would be fine.

 Serving 426 OH NO for HTTP 1.0 would not be fine.

 You must not return wrong status-codes (which would invalidate the full
 phrase) in HTTP 1.0 nor in HTTP 1.1.

 Please do not needlessly hunt it down before this ticket can stand on it's
 own feet. I'm still on the issue. Same @nacion. Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13940#comment:5>