[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14485: Didn't show up children category when created parent and children categories at the same time.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jul 31 03:11:13 UTC 2010

#14485: Didn't show up children category when created parent and children
categories at the same time.
 Reporter:  thealien      |       Owner:
Component:  Cache         |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  category,cache
 I've developed a plugin that can create parent and children categories at
 the same time. It works well at 2.8.6 but it doesn't work as what I expect
 at 3.0.

 When I create new parent and children categories at the same time, it only
 shows parent category in the Categories dashboard, but the children
 category is actually created. If I create another category or delete one
 category, the children category shows up. I think it should be a problem
 of wordpress cache, but I have no idea where to start tracing.

 I use wp_create_category at wp-admin/includes/taxonomy.php to create
 categories. Besides, I have tried clean_term_cache but it didn't help. And
 I didn't activate other plugins when I tested this plugin.

 It happened exactly when creating NEW parent and children categories.