[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14338: Unable to browse media library from post area when using custom Upload Settings

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jul 17 17:42:06 UTC 2010

#14338: Unable to browse media library from post area when using custom Upload
Settings
 Reporter:  AlexLakes     |       Owner:
Component:  Media         |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  media library, upload settings, media
 When creating/editing a post, if you click the "Media Library" tab in the
 Thickbox popup, it correctly counts the number of items in the library,
 but doesn't show any of them. This makes it impossible to use already
 uploaded images for post content or thumbnails.

 The images do exist in the main Media > Library, did upload successfully
 to FTP in the proper folder, and are all accessible via their URL.

 I can only think that this is a bug related to where the popup is looking
 for the media library if custom upload settings have been set, as that is
 the only unique thing I did here. Settings > Media:
         Store uploads in this folder:  ../content

         Full URL path to files: http://www.domain.com/content

         Yes, organize via year- and month-based folders

 But again, uploads work fine. I just can't browse any of them from within
 the thickbox popup Media Library tab.

 Screenshot attached