[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14231: 'custom post type' with the 'category' taxonomy - dont get the default category by saving whitout categories

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jul 7 21:08:13 UTC 2010

#14231: 'custom post type' with the 'category' taxonomy - dont get the default
category by saving whitout categories
 Reporter:  mati1000      |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  custom post type,default taxonomy
 is expected that a 'custom post type' that I register with the built-in
 'category' taxonomy - get Also the 'default category' by saving with non
 categories. Or alternatively the 'register_post_ type()' function are need
 to accept a 'default taxonomy' argument
 if I set any taxonomy for this post type.

 currently the wp_set_post_categories function checks:
 if ( 'post' == $post_type....)