[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12070: Uploading images to wordpress running on IIS 7 Win 2008 results in bad permissions

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jan 29 23:57:15 UTC 2010

#12070: Uploading images to wordpress running on IIS 7 Win 2008 results in bad
permissions
 Reporter:  cgoudie       |       Owner:
Component:  Upload        |     Version:  2.9.1
 Severity:  major         |    Keywords:

Comment(by cgoudie):

 miqrogroove has it. When it moves the file from the temporary dir to the
 uploads dir, the permissions don't get updated.

 I had to change the permissions on my temporary directory to include some
 read/write permissions for the IIS users group.

 dd32: I did use the IIS WordPress Web App Installer through the web
 platform installer.

 It seems to me that when running on Windows, WP should copy the file into
 place and delete the file in the temporary directory, or WP could update
 the permissions after the upload is complete

 Alternatively this could be looked at as a bug with the installer where it
 doesn't either set the permissions on the temporary directory, or it
 doesn't change the php uploads directory to be something in the uploads
 dir itself.

 Anyone who installs WP for IIS on 2008 server will hit this problem.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12070#comment:5>