[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10655: Post/Page ID Count skips one number when a new page or post created in WordPress 2.8.2

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 19 19:03:16 UTC 2010

#10655: Post/Page ID Count skips one number when a new page or post created in
WordPress 2.8.2
 Reporter:  misty9        |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by misty9):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 miqrogroove, if the bug status is closed, I wonder how and why a
 programmer would bother read its updates?

 nacin,

 "WordPress uses IDs as they are assigned, incrementally by the database.
 If an ID no longer exists in your table, then a row with that ID was at
 one point present, then discarded of, such as a deleted post or a
 discarded autosave."

 This statement does not apply to my case. There are neither pages nor
 posts being deleted. The page/post IDs seem to be generated randomly
 (unlike in WP 2.2.2). I know how SQL statements work. Can you please show
 me your code that handles this? Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10655#comment:20>