[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10655: Post/Page ID Count skips one number when a new page or post created in WordPress 2.8.2

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jan 15 21:54:25 UTC 2010

#10655: Post/Page ID Count skips one number when a new page or post created in
WordPress 2.8.2
 Reporter:  misty9        |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by misty9):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 After being on WP 2.2.2 for five months, I am reopening this bug because
 it is really a code bug in your SQL statements rather than what dd32
 claimed as "obscure function" that I want.

 Your SQL statement(s) have resulted page or post IDs generated randomly
 instead of sequentially (which was working in WP 2.2.2). Further, customer
 can't easily get the total count of pages without going to the database
 issuing a SQL statement.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10655#comment:14>