[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11725: Views images (1-3 from gallery) in post, and other images show after click on MORE

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 5 19:34:01 UTC 2010

#11725: Views images (1-3 from gallery) in post, and other images show after click
on MORE
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  frymi            |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Component:  Gallery          |     Version:  2.9.1
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:  needs-patch
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Changes (by nacin):

  * keywords:  gallery,post,split gallery => needs-patch

Comment:

 I think count = -1 and the "+" are both hacks. Just a thought: If this is
 to make it in core, I think a patch should add two arguments: count, and
 start. Thus, you'd do [gallery count="3"] (start = 1 implied) and [gallery
 start="4"] (count = all implied) and [gallery count="2" start="5"] (the
 fifth and sixth images only).

 Patch also broke some code conventions related to indenting (use tabs),
 use of comments (most of the ones you added aren't needed), and control
 structure whitespace (more at
 http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Coding_Standards).

 We also can't just strip out that CSS without accounting for it elsewhere.
 That should be handled in another ticket (and there probably is one
 already).

 Back to needs-patch. Also, the keywords you added are useless to our
 workflow here. (Somewhat incomplete list at
 http://codex.wordpress.org/Reporting_Bugs#Trac_Keywords).

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11725#comment:7>