[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12312: Category tree gets mangled in the edit post page for categories with parents

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Feb 21 00:43:21 UTC 2010

#12312: Category tree gets mangled in the edit post page for categories with
parents
 Reporter:  archon810     |       Owner:  filosofo
Component:  Taxonomy      |     Version:  2.9.2
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 This might be solved in 3.0, I'm not sure, but please consider this case.

  - you have threaded categories, such as Phones -> HTC -> Hero, Phones ->
 HTC -> Sprint Hero. These show up correctly, threaded, in the edit post
 page, when none of them are selected.
  - now, if you check the box next to HTC and refresh the edit post page,
 the category tree is now destroyed because the checked categories get
 pushed up to the top. The problem is, that effectively normalized all
 subtags and pushes them to look like level 1 tags.

 See this screenshot (the top part is before I pressed Update):
 http://i.imgur.com/a4DLn.png

 Thank you.