[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11862: the_editor js bug when switching between Visual / HTML with multiple on page

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Feb 16 00:33:20 UTC 2010

#11862: the_editor js bug when switching between Visual / HTML with multiple on
page
 Reporter:  sc0ttkclark   |       Owner:
Component:  Editor        |     Version:  2.9.1
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  needs-patch

Comment(by sc0ttkclark):

 Given the past history of other types of tickets like this regarding
 multiple editors, I'm not sure how open the Core team is to something like
 this. It's obvious that it's necessary, but perhaps it's not a big
 priority for them. If the patch was created in a way that they could spend
 a minimal amount of time on it, I'd say maybe there's a chance. I don't
 see why they wouldn't want a built-in function that plugins could use /
 reuse.

 Either way, if you get something working and they don't decide to run with
 it, I'd be interested in getting a version of your patch which could be
 independently used in plugins. Perhaps it would be good to set some sort
 of standard way for plugins to fulfill their needs that the_editor()
 doesn't currently fit.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11862#comment:8>