[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16010: get_comments() returns as result (by default) comments that were not approved.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Dec 28 16:41:11 UTC 2010

#16010: get_comments()  returns as result (by default) comments that were not
approved.
 Reporter:  mati1000      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments      |    Version:  3.0.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 I see two problems in behavior of "get_comments()" function (wp-
 includes/comments.php: 180).

 1. The function returns as result (by default) comments that were approved
 and also comments that were not approved.
 I think that this does not fit the standard of all functions in WP that by
 default return only posts/comments that have been published/approved.

 2. I think that there is no support of cookies of current responder. In
 other words, a parameter that allows the following functionality does not
 exist.
 comment_approved = '1 'OR (comment_author =% s AND comment_author_email =%
 s AND comment_approved = '0')
 ( wp-includes/comments-template.php: 852)