[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15971: Add abilty to rate and report compatibility of plugins to wordpress dashboard

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Dec 24 08:25:28 UTC 2010

#15971: Add abilty to rate and report compatibility of plugins to wordpress
dashboard
 Reporter:  jb510        |      Owner:
     Type:  feature      |     Status:  new
  request                |  Milestone:  Awaiting Review
Component:  Plugins      |   Keywords:  plugin star ratings compatibility
 Severity:  normal       |  report admin
 For the millions of downloads some plugins get there are way to few
 ratings on them. I think the ability to rate and report the compatibility
 of plugs from the backend dashboard page would dramatically increase
 participation in rating.

 This could be accomplished most easily placing a link to the "details" of
 a plug-in (like the one that appears while searching for a plug-in) after
 it is installed on plugins.php.

 This could be accomplished even more effectively by showing direct link
 next to each listing on the plugins.php page link stars/compatibility and
 link text reading "rate now or "report compatibility now"...

 For reference I point you to the excellent new to FireFox 4 (beta) add-on
 compatibility reporting features.