[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15945: Twenty Ten: Single column page template displays posts incorrectly when set as posts page in Reading Settings

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Dec 22 15:30:00 UTC 2010

#15945: Twenty Ten: Single column page template displays posts incorrectly when set
as posts page in Reading Settings
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  andrewspittle  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by filosofo):

 >  There's no user feedback that says putting the blog stream on a page
 will remove all the blog info.

 > I do see an issue with a flood of problems coming into the forums on
 this. Can we safely write an upgrade script to turn off page templates for
 the posts page?

 The same behavior has been happening with the (non-home) ''front'' page
 for years, and it doesn't seem have caused too much confusion.

 I agree that an easy solution would be to void page templates whenever a
 page is set to "home."

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15945#comment:10>