[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15769: WordPress ships with copyrighted "Hello Dolly" lyrics which could potentially terminate the GNU GPL of the package

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Dec 17 05:34:50 UTC 2010

#15769: WordPress ships with copyrighted "Hello Dolly" lyrics which could
potentially terminate the GNU GPL of the package
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  novasource        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by sc0ttkclark):

 I can see your point zamoose, though I'm not sure if this can be done
 immediately. I don't have commit access, and I can't speak for the core
 developers on the project, but the process of validating your solution
 number 2 could be lengthy as it may involve a lot of legal time and
 resources. While that goes on, the WP team must continue doing their work.
 It is already planned after 3.1 is released, for the devs to revisit the
 Hello Dolly plugin and revise the plugin itself, or replace it. I'm not
 exactly sure what the plan is yet, but I do know it's been on their radar
 for a while and it's on the docket to be addressed after the 3.1 release
 cycle.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15769#comment:44>