[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14710: PHPMailer class can cause an already declared error if including wp-config in an external script

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Aug 27 11:19:31 UTC 2010

#14710: PHPMailer class can cause an already declared error if including wp-config
in an external script
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  teamplaylotto     |        Owner:
     Type:  feature request   |       Status:  closed
Changes (by teamplaylotto):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 hakre]:
 > {{{wp_mail()}}}, the function which takes care of the include of {{{/wp-
 includes/class-phpmailer.php}}}, is a so called plugable function.

 > You can replace it with your own implementation that takes care to not
 load phpmailer a second time.

 > Additionally and more easily than writing your own mail function, you
 can hook into {{{wp_mail}}} filter and execute {{{$GLOBALS['phpmailer'] =
 new PHPMailer();}}}. That will prevent wordpress to include the file
 {{{/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php}}}.

 big thanks, I did some digging in wp_mail of {{{/wp-
 includes/pluggable.php}}} and was able to figure out what to do.

 I set the ticket to 'wontfix'

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14710#comment:3>