[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10332: Backdated pre-1st January 1970 post displayed as published on the current viewing day

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Aug 19 05:54:07 UTC 2010

#10332: Backdated pre-1st January 1970 post displayed as published on the current
viewing day
 Reporter:  carboncopy    |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reviewing
Component:  Date/Time     |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  major         |    Keywords:  has-patch needs-testing dev-feedback
Changes (by nacin):

  * owner:  => nacin
  * status:  new => reviewing
  * milestone:  Future Release => 3.1

 Before PHP 5.1.0, negative timestamps were not supported under any known
 version of Windows and some other systems as well. Therefore the range of
 valid years was limited to 1970 through 2038.
 }}}
 I'm going to see what I can do for this when 3.1 starts up. Going to try
 to come up with a good test we can do to confirm whether we can use
 negative timestamps, other than a pure PHP version check. Otherwise I like
 the idea of a version_check() on the PHP version and only prevent negative
 timestamps for < 5.1 (which is compatible with how we are doing it now,
 and allows for a workaround -- upgrading your PHP to get it working) and
 then dropping the version check in WP 3.2 when we go to 5.2.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10332#comment:24>