[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14635: tinyMCE - loading language files of external plugins not working if file_get_contents is disabled

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 18 14:16:53 UTC 2010

#14635: tinyMCE - loading language files of external plugins not working if
file_get_contents is disabled
 Reporter:  mediameets    |       Owner:
Component:  TinyMCE       |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  tinymce, external plugins, language file, file_get_contents
 On our server the function "file_get_contents" is disabled for security
 reasons.

 In my case i wanted to add the plugin "table" to the tinyMCE. I uploaded
 everything in the right folders and used the filters
 "mce_external_plugins", "mce_buttons_3" and "mce_external_languages" in
 the right way. Because the "foreach" in file "/wp-
 admin/includes/post.php", line 1403 couldn't load the contents of the
 language file, because of the disabled function explained above, no
 language strings where shown.

 To avoid this, i suggest to change line 1440 (same file) to:

 if ( ! empty($strings) )
 $ext_plugins .= 'tinyMCEPreInit.load_ext("' . $plugurl . '", "' .
 $mce_locale . '");' . "\n";

 So in this case, the tinyMCE ScriptLoader doesn't mark the language-file
 as "done" and loads it correct. Everthing works fine and the language
 strings where shown.