[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14518: The class 'current-category-ancestor' shows on the current category menu item - reproducible

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 4 13:44:29 UTC 2010

#14518: The class 'current-category-ancestor' shows on the current category menu
item - reproducible
 Reporter:  juggledad     |       Owner:  filosofo
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned
Component:  Menus         |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  has-patch

Comment(by filosofo):

 Well, the point is that for the ''current'' menu item it's less important
 to know what kind of item it's associated with.  Basically all conceivable
 styling issues can already be handled.  So, for example, if you wanted to
 style---in particular---current menu items that are categories, the
 following CSS selector would work:

 `body.category current-menu-item`

 In contrast, because non-current menu items can have an indefinite number
 of relationships to the currently-queried page (category ancestor, post
 ancestor, etc.), it's more helpful to specify those more particularly.

 Anyways, I'm not saying we shouldn't have `current-category` class; I'm
 just suggesting that it might be better if they were on separate tickets.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14518#comment:9>