[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13118: wp-login.php and wp-admin folder location/name choice during the installation

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Apr 26 09:35:40 UTC 2010

#13118: wp-login.php and wp-admin folder location/name choice during the
installation
-----------------------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  MSNexus                                  |        Owner:  dd32
     Type:  feature request                          |       Status:  closed
Changes (by dd32):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix
  * milestone:  Unassigned =>

Comment:

 I agree with nacin in this case, Security by obscurity is not something
 that need be encouraged, proper security should be applied instead.

 I'm closing as wontfix for now, Feel free to raise this on the Ideas
 forum, or on wp-hackers mailing list for more input. At this stage, this
 is something that would be best dealt with at a server-level configuration
 IMO. Being able to locate the login form will not prevent 99% of attacks.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13118#comment:2>