[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13118: wp-login.php and wp-admin folder location/name choice during the installation

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Apr 26 09:25:21 UTC 2010

#13118: wp-login.php and wp-admin folder location/name choice during the
installation
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  MSNexus          |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Component:  Filesystem       |     Version:  2.9.2
 Severity:  critical         |    Keywords:  wp-login,wp-admin,wordpress,secure,more
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 I thing to make WordPress more secured, it is important to let WordPress
 users change thier "wp-login.php" file and "wp-admin" folder
 names/locations during the installation of WordPress.
 So here is an example, by default my WP login site is:
 "myverypopularwordpresspoweredwebsite.com/wp-login.php" but I changed that
 to "myverypopularwordpresspoweredwebsite.com/secure-login" so if someone
 comes to "myverypopularwordpresspoweredwebsite.com/wp-login.php" - than
 that person just got a 404 - Not Found website.

 I thing that´s very important to make WordPress more secured, because
 links like "/wp-login.php" and "/wp-admin" are very easy to know for WP
 users and potential hackers.

 I know there is lots of plugins to do that, but there are too out of dated
 and doesn´t work at all.

 I am also now using WP just for my blog, but I want to power my big
 website about fantasy/sci-fi by Wordpress, (now powered by Drupal).

 I thing that would be just usefull and a great new feature of WP 3.0,

 So many thanks to all developers and all WP community,