[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10787: Send emails to notify Administrators that an update is avaialble for core|plugins|themes

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Sep 15 10:50:23 UTC 2009

#10787: Send emails to notify Administrators that an update is avaialble for
core|plugins|themes
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dd32             |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration   |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:  dev-feedback
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment(by JohnMyr):

 I`m not sure whats planned/discussed when it comes to canonical plugins,
 but I feel that this functionality should be supported, but as a core
 distributed canonical plugin with auto activation.

 Distributing it will help in making the ignorant upgrade, which will help
 WP community by making WP less attractive to target for blackhat hackers.
 There should be an option to remove it though, so a canonical distributed
 plugin with auto activating is the best solution imo.

 Plugin`s admin notification and email should also have an url to an
 extensive codex article covering '''all''' upgrade related issues.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10787#comment:1>