[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #3260: XML output (rss, atom, rdf ...) should always use UTF-8 or CDATA for user input

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Sep 9 14:54:30 UTC 2009

#3260: XML output (rss, atom, rdf ...) should always use UTF-8 or CDATA for user
input
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  deremder   |        Type:  defect (bug)

Comment(by hakre):

 Replying to [comment:15 peaceablewhale]:
 > When will unallowed entities be output to the feed? I don't think that
 using CDATA is a good solution as it may cause double escaping.

 &amp;.

 ''unallowed entities''? there are no ''unallowed entities'' in CDATA.
 infact there are not entities at all in CDATA that's why it is used there.
 This is by intention not by mistake. For example if you've got the term
 "&nbsp;" in a posts title it should be in the RSS-Feeds title as well.
 Currently it is not. After the patch it is.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3260#comment:17>