[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #3329: autosave breaks and %postname% permalink wrong generated if title has %[digit][digit]

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Sep 9 13:55:47 UTC 2009

#3329: autosave breaks and %postname% permalink wrong generated if title has
%[digit][digit]
 Reporter:  Heyneken      |       Owner:  pishmishy
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted
Component:  Editor        |     Version:  2.0.5
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  has-patch
Changes (by hakre):

  * keywords:  has-patch needs-review => has-patch
  * component:  JavaScript => Editor

Comment:

 I am unable to reproduce with default permalink structure (?p=stuff) which
 is well - actually known I guess. Switching to nicer "Month and name"
 setting reveals the bug still is in.

 It is not possible to modify the permalink with the inplace editor.

 It is not possible to fix it manually by adding a percentage sign to the
 permalik title in the inplace editor.

 The cause of the problem is a function called sanitize_title() (called in
 get_sample_permalink()). Not itself but the filters it calls then:

 {{{
 $title = apply_filters('sanitize_title', $title, $raw_title);
 }}}

 With the current design of wordpress this bug will never be fixed. % is
 not an allowed char in a slug, it's not filtered out because of some other
 bug leaving this open for %[0-9]{2,} matches. the slug need propper
 filtering first.

 This is not a javascript related issue firsthand.

 The existing patch is misleading IMHO.

 My Suggestion: Wontfix.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3329#comment:13>