[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11258: Edit Comments > Quick Buttons ordering should be changed, with "Spam" becoming less accessible

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Nov 27 22:40:15 UTC 2009

#11258: Edit Comments > Quick Buttons ordering should be changed, with "Spam"
becoming less accessible
 Reporter:  lloydbudd     |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened

Comment(by lloydbudd):

 Replying to [comment:16 Denis-de-Bernardy]:
 > Btw, how is it that this got committed in the first place? It had a -1
 vote almost immediately. (Which now stands at -2.)

 Voting is an interesting experience, but I have never seen it be a
 valuable "gate" in a software project I've participated in -- it can be a
 very useful clue (but not at a couple of votes or a -2).

 > The proper thing to do is to revert the change, stick to the legacy
 order in 2.9, and revisit this in 3.0.

 The legacy order makes little sense. I'd be (barely) OK with just
 switching trash and spam. I see this a bike shed issue (currently), and
 happy just to punt to 3.0 and move on.

 I recently checked with Alex of Akismet and he thought that the current
 order (and lack of trash) contributes to false positives -- the  spam
 button sure is inviting.

 Approve and then sometimes reply are the expected operations. Maybe, you
 have to correct a typo or some grammar.

 For most Spam & Trash should be the least frequently used buttons -- lets
 not continue to bandaid by making the buttons highly accessible.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11258#comment:18>