[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11065: "add an image" button in "upload/insert" menu in posting screen malfunction. Opens below footer of same page and is positioned out of reach to left off of screen

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Nov 10 22:10:19 UTC 2009

#11065: "add an image" button in "upload/insert" menu in posting screen
malfunction. Opens below footer of same page and is positioned out of reach
to left off of screen
 Reporter:  JohnR123      |       Owner:
Component:  Upload        |     Version:  2.8.5
 Severity:  major         |    Keywords:  reporter-feedback

Comment(by scribu):

 Replying to [comment:5 JohnR123]:
 > The only site I can add a beta-tester plugin to, would be one of the
 local versions but I cannot get upgraded on these after installing the
 plugin. It returns an error when trying to upgrade. This may be due to ftp
 not being set up for the local sites on the local server. I'm not sure how
 to set that up so...

 You can download the nightly build manually:

 http://wordpress.org/nightly-builds/wordpress-latest.zip

 > This being the case, do I have to wait until WordPress 2.9 comes out in
 the hopes that it will solve this issue? Why would they not want to fix a
 problem in the current release if it stops people from using their sites?

 If WordPress had an infinite number of developers working on it around the
 clock, I'd agree with you. But since that is not the case, you can't
 expect the 4 commiters to fix every bug right away.

 > I was really hoping WordPress would look into this and fix it. I have
 read may 200 posts on this very problem. It obviously exists, and it
 certainly restricts free use of the system.

 It would be useful if one of those posts contained a reliable way to
 reproduce the problem. If it does, please post it here.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11065#comment:6>