[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9804: WordPress automatically sets the website URL of an user's profile to http://

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed May 13 16:02:28 GMT 2009

#9804: WordPress automatically sets the website URL of an user's profile to
http://
 Reporter:  peaceablewhale  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Users           |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  minor           |    Keywords:  has-patch
Changes (by josephscott):

 * cc: joseph@… (added)
  * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch
  * severity:  normal => minor
  * milestone:  Future Release => 2.9

Comment:

 The edit_user() function in wp-admin/includes/user.php hard codes a
 'http://' to the front of the 'Website' field if the regex for the scheme
 (http,ftp,irc,telnet,etc.) fails.  An additional check is needed to see if
 the field is empty.

 I've added a simple patch that runs the scheme regex check only if the
 field is not empty.

 At best this is a minor inconvenience so I'm going to bump this to the 2.9
 milestone.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9804#comment:2>