[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9807: Trac Enhancement: Add a short text at the beginning of the create ticket template

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed May 13 10:14:49 GMT 2009

#9807: Trac Enhancement: Add a short text at the beginning of the create ticket
template
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |       Owner:  matt
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new
Component:  WordPress.org      |     Version:
 Severity:  normal             |    Keywords:
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 In order to make sure that casual bug reporters open useful tickets, and
 following up on #3897, I suggest that the template of the newticket screen
 be changed a little bit.

 Here's how it's done:

 http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInterfaceCustomization#SiteAppearance

 In particular, the example snippet of adding introduction text to the new
 ticket form:

 {{{
 <form py:match="div[@id='content' and @class='ticket']/form"
 py:attrs="select('@*')">
   <py:if test="req.environ['PATH_INFO'] == '/newticket' and (not 'preview'
 in req.args)">
 new one!</p>
   </py:if>
   ${select('*')}
 </form>
 }}}

 Suggested text, as per:

 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3897#comment:10

 {{{
 Are you using the latest and greatest version of WordPress, or the
 development version (if neither, stop here and upgrade first)?

 What steps should be taken to <strong>consistently</strong> reproduce the
 problem?

 In case it's relevant to the ticket, what is the expected output? What did
 you see instead?

 Please provide any additional information that you think we'd find useful.
 (OS and browser for UI defects, server environment for crashes, etc.)

 }}}

 Best I've checked, it's not possible to automatically set the default
 description, but we could use jQuery to pre-fill the field.

 We should also add the following notice:

 If this is your first bug report, be sure to visit your user preferences
 (the link is to top right of the screen). Enter your email address to
 receive follow-ups on this ticket.