[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9695: New widget interface moves the wrong inaccessible widgets when switching themes

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri May 1 23:19:24 GMT 2009

#9695: New widget interface moves the wrong inaccessible widgets when switching
themes
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |       Owner:  Denis-de-Bernardy
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  assigned
Component:  Widgets            |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  major              |    Keywords:  needs-patch
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Changes (by Denis-de-Bernardy):

  * owner:  => Denis-de-Bernardy
  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 Ok. Thanks for the tip on where to look. You'll have a patch by tomorrow.

 I could use your feedback before moving forward. My current intention is
 to proceed as follows:

  - During the conversion, I'd ensure that sidebars with similar names are
 left unchanged.
  - Until the widgets page is loaded and a widget is moved, the actual
 option would get converted by a filter on all page loads, but not saved.
 That way, theme preview works too. And you can activate a theme and look
 at its options screen before things become permanent.

 If you feel any of the above is wrong or think of anything else that might
 be needed, just let me know.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9695#comment:8>