[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9426: Submenu Output does not recorgnize Selection properly if the parameter does not end with .php

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Mar 31 19:17:18 GMT 2009

#9426: Submenu Output does not recorgnize Selection properly if the parameter does
not end with .php
 Reporter:  hakre         |       Owner:  anonymous
Component:  General       |     Version:
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  dev-feedback-needed
 Adding a submenu (API: add_submenu_page() ) needs the $file parameter to
 be a string ending with '.php'. If not, highlighting the current submenu
 selection in the Backend will fail.

 Additionally it came to my attention that the functions docblock is
 missing (wp-admin/includes/plugin.php ~648).

 Because of this, it is unclear where the bug is located. In the API
 function (documentation) or in the output function for that menu
 (currently unknown where that is located for me).