[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9069: Function get_comment_link returns duplicate URLs for comments available at permalink

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Mar 12 18:18:51 GMT 2009

#9069: Function get_comment_link returns duplicate URLs for comments available at
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  GregMulhauser  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Component:  Comments       |     Version:  2.7.1
 Severity:  normal         |    Keywords:
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Changes (by GregMulhauser):

  * owner:  Viper007Bond =>
  * type:  enhancement => defect (bug)

Comment:

 As Viper007Bond assigned this ticket to himself but then declined to use
 the provided fix -- or to consider the possibility that a much better fix
 would be to design get_page_of_comment() itself so as to avoid the problem
 in the first place -- I'd suggest setting this back to unassigned. I'm
 sure there are other folks out there with an interest in avoiding
 unnecessary creation of duplicate content but perhaps with less personal
 investment in whether one function or the other function
 should be named as the culprit.

 All the best, Greg

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9069#comment:10>