[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #10045: fsockopen() fails connecting to localhost when the server contains a ipv6 hosts entry

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jun 6 10:42:29 GMT 2009

#10045: fsockopen() fails connecting to localhost when the server contains a ipv6
hosts entry
 Reporter:  dd32          |       Owner:  dd32
Component:  HTTP          |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  has-patch

Comment(by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 Using 127.0.1 *might* have side effects that is. Expanding on the above
 comment for reference, I had the following issue when connecting to mysql
 on my own server.

 Until I switched to using two servers and an NDB cluster, I'd connect to
 127.0.0.1 with MySQL. After the switch, I reverted this back to using
 localhost. Because, localhost would allow to configure permissions in
 mysql as user / localhost, whereas 127.0.0.1 couldn't be configured as
 such -- it had to be user / real IP. MySQL would convert 127.0.0.1 to the
 server's real IP.

 Anyway, felt like pointing this out. What would be the most
 straightforward (step by step) means to test, so I can give it a shot?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10045#comment:2>