[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8729: "WordPress 2.7 is available! Please update now." Displayed in WordPress 2.7 Dashboard.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jul 21 23:36:34 UTC 2009

#8729: "WordPress 2.7 is available! Please update now." Displayed in WordPress 2.7
Dashboard.
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  miqrogroove                    |        Owner:  nbachiyski
     Type:  defect (bug)                   |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by piouPiouM):

 * cc: piouPiouM (added)
  * status:  closed => reopened
  * version:  2.7 => 2.8
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Why use the global `$wp_local_package`?[[BR]]
 Is it different from the `WPLANG` constant? (If the constant WPLANG is not
 empty, WordPress is localized and use a local package.)

 If not, we could simply use `get_locale()` instead of the global
 `$wp_local_package` for set the `local_package` argument required by the
 ''version_check'' API. Plugins can use the filter
 `core_version_check_locale` to define the `local` argument.

 Or, if the global `$wp_local_package` not exists, we could consider that
 the package used locally is identical to `get_locale()` returns:

 {{{
 $local_package = isset($wp_local_package) ? $wp_local_package :
 get_locale();

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8729#comment:41>