[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6698: Editing a published post causes excessive pings / closing comments on old posts causes trackbacks

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jul 20 09:57:35 UTC 2009

#6698: Editing a published post causes excessive pings / closing comments on old
posts causes trackbacks
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lapcat            |        Owner:  Denis-de-Bernardy
     Type:  defect (bug)      |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by christianbolstad):

  * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch

Comment:

 I have tried the patch submitted by VoxPelli against the nighly build and
 it work as described. It is a quick fix that is "good enough" to handle
 the problems with notifications to ping services in a short perspective.
 In the longer run the ping system has to be rewritten a bit more. I am
 gathering recommendations from the different services and would love to
 co-operate with other developers to build the optimal solution.

 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/6698/wordpress_generic_ping_ticket_6698.patch

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6698#comment:35>