[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10437: Post edit UI : better control and choice of add_meta_box of registered post taxonomies

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jul 18 09:37:32 UTC 2009

#10437: Post edit UI : better control and choice of add_meta_box of registered post
taxonomies
 Reporter:  michelwppi      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:
 Since WP 2.3 that introduces powerful taxonomies, as others dev, xili-
 language plugin use a specific taxonomy to manage languages of post. I
 observe that in WP 28, dev team decide to display automatically in post
 edit ui all customized non hierarchical taxonomies (line #296 of edit-
 form-advanced.php...)...
 This introduces some troubles for users because sometime theses taxonomies
 must be hidden to authors UI or need specific designed admin UI meta boxes
 (as designed in xili-language)... The selection by property "hierarchical"
 is too general and inapropriate. (the xili taxonomy here created is not
 hierarchical) I suggest to introduce a new property in function
 register_taxonomy() in array args - 'post_admin_display'  true by defaut -
 line #173 of taxonomy.php... And this property can be checked  in the loop
 to add meta boxes of edit-form-advanced.php...
 If you agree as I hope, I can provide sources...

 Best regards