[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10390: attachments should store the WP uploads path that was configured when they were uploaded

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jul 16 00:44:02 UTC 2009

#10390: attachments should store the WP uploads path that was configured when they
were uploaded
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new
Component:  Media              |     Version:  2.8.1
 Severity:  normal             |    Keywords:
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Comment(by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:3 dd32]:
 > +1 (Like another ticket somewhere in WP) to change the url's in posts
 retroactively

 To do that properly at the moment a db backup has to be made, URLs
 replaced, then some old posts tested to confirm success and eventually the
 db restored on failure. Think that's best left for a plugin or for the
 user to do manually as it would be needed in relatively few cases.

 Replying to [comment:5 Denis-de-Bernardy]:
 > Or rather, what needs to be done is, we store the current value of
 get_option(upload_dir) ... That way, if the folder is changed later on, we
 still have the correct url

 But that will return the wrong URL when the folder has been moved or
 renamed which seem to be the most common cases.

 Perhaps we need a good "canonical" plugin that can handle the different
 cases when moving, copying, renaming, etc. the uploads directory.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10390#comment:6>