[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10363: Permalinks with a Static Directory Fail if the Static Directory is Accesed Directly

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jul 9 13:37:47 UTC 2009

Directly
 Reporter:  e39m5         |        Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by e39m5):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * version:  => 2.8
  * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 This solves the SERVE solution, but not the REDIRECT, which I'm most
 interested in.

 I want my recent posts to appear on the root, but inside the "blog"
 directory if someone clicks on it.

 So:
 www.mydomain.com holds my recent posts.

 When you actually detail a post though, it brings you to:
 www.mydomain.com/blog/2009/06/post-name or whatever your permalink
 structure is.

 a 404 is thrown.  Instead, it should redirect to www.mydomain.com

 Unless I'm missing something, this is impossible to accomplish without
 directly editing Wordpress's .htaccess file.  Because permalinks allow for
 the static directory though, it should know how to handle them.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10363#comment:2>