[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8729: "WordPress 2.7 is available! Please update now." Displayed in WordPress 2.7 Dashboard.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jul 5 17:26:35 UTC 2009

#8729: "WordPress 2.7 is available! Please update now." Displayed in WordPress 2.7
Dashboard.
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  miqrogroove                    |        Owner:  nbachiyski
     Type:  defect (bug)                   |       Status:  closed

Comment(by michelvaldrighi):

 I upgraded a localised svn-less 2.7 installation to 2.8 using the tag in
 svn and manually placed the .mo and .po files in wp-content/languages/,
 yet I didn't get the hint about the translation.

 Perhaps something peculiar in this install. I'll try to reproduce the
 problem using a clean room install later.

 However, I didn't need to use the fix proposed in
 [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8729#comment:10 comment 10].
 Adding this line to wp-config.php (and waiting for WP to check versions
 again) was enough since WP checks for this global without ever setting it:

 {{{
 $wp_local_package = 'fr_FR'; // use your locale string there
 }}}

 To anyone still stumbling on this bug report from the forums, I think it's
 a nicer workaround than editing core WP files or adding a plugin to sweep
 the notifications under the carpet…

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8729#comment:40>