[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10330: XML-RPC and AtomPub Endpoints Should Respect FORCE_SSL_ADMIN and FORCE_SSL_LOGIN

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jul 2 04:11:50 UTC 2009

#10330: XML-RPC and AtomPub Endpoints Should Respect FORCE_SSL_ADMIN and
FORCE_SSL_LOGIN
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  josephscott  |       Owner:  josephscott
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Component:  XML-RPC      |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:  has-patch
 External APIs (XML-RPC and AtomPub) should force SSL access if
 FORCE_SSL_ADMIN or FORCE_SSL_LOGIN is set to true.

 I think it makes sense to redirect to HTTPS if either FORCE_SSL_ADMIN or
 FORCE_SSL_ADMIN is set to true since both end points pass usernames and
 passwords in the clear (or near clear in the case of AtomPub which
 generally uses HTTP Basic Auth) and expose administrative functions.

 I've got patches for -trunk and the 2.8 branch in hopes that we can get
 this included in the 2.8.1 release as well.