[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9007: Poor get_category_children() performance; rewrite to use get_term_children()

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jan 31 22:11:27 GMT 2009

#9007: Poor get_category_children() performance; rewrite to use
get_term_children()
---------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  _timk                            |        Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |       Status:  new
Comment (by _timk):

 You're right, of course; my apologies.  I somehow managed to misread both
 the xdebug call trace and a quick grep through the tree to make sure the
 function wasn't an orphan.  It turns out the function was being called
 directly on a portion of the site under someone else's control.

 I support deprecation.  When I first encountered the function, I actually
 expected it to behave like get_term_children(), returning an array of
 category IDs or objects.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9007#comment:5>