[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8701: WordPress throws E_DEPRECATED notices all over the place with newer PHP 5 installs

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jan 23 22:12:20 GMT 2009

#8701: WordPress throws E_DEPRECATED notices all over the place with newer PHP 5
installs
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42                   |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)             |       Status:  reopened
Comment (by jacobsantos):

 Replying to [comment:38 Denis-de-Bernardy]:
 > you still need the test for E_DEPRECATED though -- else, you end up with
 an undefined constant (and bugs) prior to php5.3

 Yeah, it is strange to me too. It "works" in php 5.2.6 and the constant
 doesn't exist in that version. You are right, which is why it is strange
 how it would work. I think the behavior is still unexpected, so even
 though it works on mine, it may not work on yours for example.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8701#comment:39>