[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8701: WordPress throws E_DEPRECATED notices all over the place with newer PHP 5 installs

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jan 23 17:53:47 GMT 2009

#8701: WordPress throws E_DEPRECATED notices all over the place with newer PHP 5
installs
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42                   |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)             |       Status:  reopened
Comment (by westi):

 Replying to [comment:18 jacobsantos]:
 > I have already tested it and the .3.diff patch works. Therefore, yes it
 does need to fixed, and the patch 8701.3.diff will fix it.

 But it doesn't make sense based on the values of the defines:

 [http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/ZendEngine2/zend_errors.h?revision=1.18.2.1.2.5.2.4&view=markup&pathrev=PHP_5_3
 PHP 5.3] defines.

 We want E_ALL and not E_NOTICE and not E_USER_NOTICE which this gives us:

 {{{E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE ^ E_USER_NOTICE}}}

 Then depending on which ver of PHP5 we want to add E_STRICT (not part of
 E_ALL) and possibly remove E_DEPRECATED.

 The one for php 5.3 is still wrong at the moment but will be corrected
 shortly.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8701#comment:19>