[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8783: Plugin Uninstall - Make it optional to uninstall the plugin on delete if uninstall.php exists within the plugin folder

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 20 15:21:46 GMT 2009

#8783: Plugin Uninstall - Make it optional to uninstall the plugin on delete if
uninstall.php exists within the plugin folder
 Reporter:  sc0ttkclark   |        Owner:
     Type:  enhancement   |       Status:  new
Comment (by sc0ttkclark):

 What if there was a checkbox labeled "Keep Plugin Data" on the Delete
 confirmation screen so that the user can decide if they want to keep the
 data. I understand that the terminology between Uninstall and Delete are
 confusing, and in most cases people would like to do both, so this would
 solve that issue and allow for users to keep that data.

 However, I do understand that this discussion has already been brought up
 as per '''jacobsantos''' has explained, but I was hoping that the option
 explained in my above paragraph could be reviewed for inclusion. It can't
 "hurt", and it would default to "off" so that nothing changes in the
 delete routine unless the user decides to "opt-in".

 That said, I won't push any further if the above option is reviewed and an
 executive decision is made that it is not for the good of WordPress users.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8783#comment:14>