[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9087: "Edit Posts" heading in /wp-admin/edit.php should state filters (i.e. Edit Posts for category "General")

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Feb 10 21:08:49 GMT 2009

#9087: "Edit Posts" heading in /wp-admin/edit.php should state filters (i.e. Edit
Posts for category "General")
 Reporter:  jeremyclarke  |       Owner:  jeremyclarke
Component:  UI            |     Version:
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 While you could argue that the selected value in the relevant pulldown
 menu is enough information for people I don't see any good reasons why the
 title of the page shouldn't also mention any filters (Date, category, tag,
 status or author) that are currently being applied to the content.

 There is lots of space there in almost all cases and it would help people
 understand what they are looking at, especially if they are brought there
 from somewhere else in the admin via. a link.

 I have a specific problem because even though there is an ?author=$ID
 filter available to edit.php there is no pulldown for author names
 (there's another ticket about that somewhere), so I've created links in
 the user profile screen to the edit.php screen for specific users (and to
 user+status combinations, which our editors need) using plugin code. The
 problem is that on arrival there's no information visible anywhere as to
 what the screen is. If you don't look carefully at the user names and
 statuses you might think you were just looking at the normal edit screen,
 whereas a heading of "Edit Pending Posts by Jane" would make it totally
 clear.

 I can't think of a reason not to do this. It would solve my situation and
 make all the other more general situations clearer.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9087>