[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be simple, customizable, and something to base themes off

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Feb 2 11:25:03 GMT 2009

#9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be
simple, customizable, and something to base themes off
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  DD32             |        Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |       Status:  new
Comment (by ionfish):

 Not sure I have time to write something myself, but this would definitely
 be a worthwhile addition.

 I don't want to blow my own trumpet unduly, but Tarski offers at least
 half of what you're suggesting. There are ideas in there I think are worth
 rolling into any theme framework to be included in WordPress, including
 API extensions, the ability to change the layout without changing code
 (this is great for non-technical people) etc. It's also up to date with
 regards to WP functionality; I track trunk and synchronise releases with
 WP core. I'm not suggesting it should be imported wholesale into WP, but
 that there's a lot of pretty decent code which could be appropriated by
 anyone wanting to take this on.

 http://github.com/ionfish/tarski/

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9015#comment:1>