[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11219: could not be converted to UTF-8 / WordPress should cache failed feed fetches so as to avoid overloading feed sources

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Dec 23 23:42:14 UTC 2009

#11219: could not be converted to UTF-8 / WordPress should cache failed feed
fetches so as to avoid overloading feed sources
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Component:  Optimization       |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  major              |    Keywords:  has-patch tested reporter-feedback
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Comment(by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 Replying to [comment:20 Denis-de-Bernardy]:
 > Replying to [comment:19 westi]:
 > >  * Is there an easy step by step reproduction method for the issue?
 >
 > yes. I've been screaming how to reproduce this over and over further up.
 disable multibyte functions, and disable iconv. create a new site, using
 the UTF8 charset, and watch -- with amusement -- how the dashboard chokes
 in WP 2.9.

 > >  * Have you tried SimplePie 1.1.3 + WP 2.9 to see if it helps?
 >
 > no, I haven't.

 I just did, and I can confirm it doesn't chock when I take the 2.8.6 file
 over on a 2.9 install without mb_string and iconv.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11219#comment:26>