[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11219: could not be converted to UTF-8 / WordPress should cache failed feed fetches so as to avoid overloading feed sources

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Dec 23 19:21:28 UTC 2009

#11219: could not be converted to UTF-8 / WordPress should cache failed feed
fetches so as to avoid overloading feed sources
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Component:  Optimization       |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  major              |    Keywords:  has-patch tested reporter-feedback
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Changes (by westi):

  * keywords:  has-patch tested => has-patch tested reporter-feedback

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:18 Denis-de-Bernardy]:
 > I hate to be punting this back to 2.9.1, but this ticket is the main
 reason that RSS widgets have caused so much trouble in WP 2.9. It *should*
 get fixed before we even think about rushing WP 2.9.1 in the wild; or at
 the very least, we should have an acceptable workaround.

 In order to understand this in more detail are you able to provide answers
 to the following questions:

  * Is this a behavioural change between SimplePie 1.1.3 and SimplePie 1.2
 that means 2.9 is worse than 2.8?
  * Does a 2.8 install choke in the same way?
  * Is there an easy step by step reproduction method for the issue?
  * Have you tried SimplePie 1.1.3 + WP 2.9 to see if it helps?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11219#comment:19>