[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11470: Don't have wp_delete_post and wp_delete_attachment trash the item by default

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Dec 17 18:59:58 UTC 2009

#11470: Don't have wp_delete_post and wp_delete_attachment trash the item by
default
 Reporter:  nacin         |       Owner:
Component:  Trash         |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  dev-feedback

Comment(by caesarsgrunt):

 I don't like the solution in the ticket at all. I see no reason to merge
 the wp_delete_* functions and the wp_trash_* functions, and think they are
 much better kept separate (or alternatively, merge ''all'' of wp_delete_*,
 wp_trash_*, and wp_spam_comment into the wp_set_*_status function).

 Whether the wp_delete_* functions should call wp_trash_* functions is
 another matter. I can see arguments on both sides, and having thought the
 matter over I don't mind much.[[BR]]
 Can we have some examples of plugins which might be affected by this?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11470#comment:11>