[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9922: wp_crop_image() and image_resize() are inconsistent. Both should return WP_Error objects on error.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Dec 13 02:14:47 UTC 2009

#9922: wp_crop_image() and image_resize() are inconsistent.  Both should return
WP_Error objects on error.
 Reporter:  mdawaffe      |       Owner:  westi
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted
Component:  Media         |     Version:
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  has-patch early
Changes (by westi):

  * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch early
  * owner:  => westi
  * status:  new => accepted
  * milestone:  2.9 => 3.0

Comment:

 This sounds like a good idea to me.

 I am wary of changing the return value of a function this close to release
 - would have rather done this pre-beta to make sure plugin authors had a
 chance to catch anywhere they are relying on current behaviour.

 We should also change wp_load_image to return a WP_Error at the same time
 I agree.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9922#comment:3>