[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10952: Wordpress checks for core/plugin/theme upgrades upon every hit to [almost] any admin page

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Dec 12 16:24:27 UTC 2009

#10952: Wordpress checks for core/plugin/theme upgrades upon every hit to [almost]
any admin page
 Reporter:  archon810     |       Owner:
Component:  Performance   |     Version:  2.8.5
 Severity:  major         |    Keywords:  reporter-feedback

Comment(by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 I had to fix this in a plugin of mine earlier this year. If memory serves,
 it was due to logic errors in the timeout related to the checked variable,
 or something like that. I'm attaching the code I'm currently using for
 plugin version checking, in case it helps.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10952#comment:11>